Jobs With a Purpose
Become a part of our team.
Our team consists of talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Program, Marketing, Fund Development, Human Resources, Operations and Leadership.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Are you extremely organized? Do you provide excellent customer service?
Big Brothers Big Sisters is hiring for a full-time Operations Specialist!
Reports To: Operations Director
Position Status: 36 Hours Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Essential to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) brand, the primary function of this position is to provide excellent customer service, processing new volunteers and clients while supporting agency operations. The four key areas of this position are customer service, operations support, information technology and development support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Positive, professional communication. Primary agency representative for front desk and phone communication.
- Provide excellent customer service, following National Standards process for inquiries, scheduling and background checks for clients.
- Maintain agency databases including Google Drive file storage, internal client database, donor system and online training system.
- Support agency needs in invoicing, thanking and processing deposits.
- Work with Leaderteam in identifying recruitment trends. Provide feedback from previous recruitment efforts.
- Create monthly performance reports from agency databases.
- Support agency operations: ordering supplies, processing mail, communicating and updating systems as needed to minimize agency disruptions.
- Provide training to new staff on office management, closing procedures, internal information systems.
- Strong organization, balancing different roles and shifting priorities.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION& RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED.
Years of Related Work Experience :
2 years administrative or customer service role preferred
Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and telephone.
- Ability to update and work within a database
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments
- Ability to effectively collaborate and problem solve
- Ability to use time effectively
- Ability to focus on details
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
- Proficiency in Google Drive or general IT knowledge
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Routine office environment with most of the position being seated at a computer or on the phone. The position is 36 hours during agency office hours. Be able to lift up to 25lbs for agency supplies.
- Able to build strong working relationships with agency staff and matches; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential solutions to meet those needs;
- Prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the participant; use knowledge and feedback to improve the effectiveness of own support results.
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms;
- Apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges;
- Anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them;
- Develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Able to positively deal with changes that affect job requirements or work assignments;
- Adapt to shifting priorities in response to the needs of participants;
- Quickly recognize situations/conditions where change is needed;
- Remain calm and professional in emotionally charged interactions;
- Work to clarify situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous;
- Support organizational change.
Continuous Improvement & Gets Results
- Able to identify and apply "best practices" in own work; improve efficiency by planning and organizing work effectively, eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; monitor, evaluate and track own performance;
- Adapt work practices in order to meet goals and deadlines; persist in the face of ongoing obstacles or setbacks;
- Accept responsibility for the quality and outcomes of own work.
Decisiveness & Judgment
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment in routine, day-to-day decisions; think critically to make decisions and take action, even in non-routine situations;
- Rapidly make reasonable assessments with limited information;
- Consider impact of various options when making decisions; use sound judgment in deciding whether to make a decision or escalate it to a supervisor for additional consultation.
- Able to use active and attentive listening to confirm understanding; coach others through the use of reflective questioning;
- Personalize communication content and delivery to fit different perspectives, backgrounds or styles of audience;
- Document information about matches clearly and concisely in order to keep records accurate and up to date.
- Able to align own work objectives with the organization's strategic plan or objectives;
- Take organizational priorities into consideration when making choices and trade-offs in own work;
- Act with an understanding of how the community affects the business and how own actions and decisions affect other jobs or outcomes;
- Maintain perspective between the overall picture and tactical details.
- Able to seek out and work effectively with others who have diverse perspectives, talents, backgrounds, and/or styles; contribute to a team climate in which differences are valued and supported; challenge any stereotyping or offensive comments;
- Seek and respond to feedback from others about his/her own behavior that might be perceived as biased.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBS may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
To apply, email resume to [email protected]
Contact our Operations Director to learn about working with us:
[email protected] | 319.377.8993 x112