Jobs With a Purpose
Become a part of our team.
Our team consists of talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Program, Marketing, Fund Development, Human Resources, Operations and Leadership.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Current Openings: Community Outreach Specialist (Full or Part Time)
Are you connected in the community? Outgoing and want a flexible work schedule? Big Brothers Big Sisters is hiring a Community Outreach Specialist to recruit mentors for kids!
This position can be offered as full or part-time.
Position Summary: The Community Outreach Specialist primarily initiates activities and partnerships to recruit volunteers, generate financial support and secure other needed resources for the agency.
- Initiate and secure new resources by building community partnerships and relationships with the goals of community education, volunteer recruitment, and increasing financial support
- Secure weekly public speaking opportunities to educate community members on the Big Brothers Big Sisters mission and the need for volunteers and financial support
- Participate in networking groups and opportunities frequently
- Maintain records through updating databases, recording community outreach initiatives, events and results
- Recruit volunteers, process volunteer inquiries and schedule initial volunteer interviews following agency policies
- Document in agency database volunteer inquiries, applications and communication
- In conjunction with the Development Team, contribute to the creation of all marketing, promotion and social media efforts using community and agency statistics.
- Compose and proofread quality copyutilizing the BBBS brand materials for all forms of media: print, radio, social media, etc..
- Assist, as needed, with Development activities, including fundraising campaigns, donor events and annual fundraisers
- Participate in internal Development Team and All Staff meetings
- All other duties as assigned
- Associates degree preferred - Marketing, Communications or English major preferred
- 1-3 years marketing and public speaking experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong initiative and creativity
- Ability to cultivate relationships
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and present a professional and positive demeanor
- Technology savvy
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Routine office environment with sitting, standing and walking. Work schedules for each employee position are determined based on the needs of constituents and the agency goals. All agency staff are expected to schedule evening/weekend hours, on an as-needed basis. Must travel to local communities and neighborhoods.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Job Responsibilities: The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBS may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
To apply, email resume to [email protected]
Contact our Operations Director to learn about working with us:
[email protected] | 319.377.8993 x112