Jobs With a Purpose
Become a part of our team.
Our team consists of talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Program, Marketing, Fund Development, Human Resources, Operations and Leadership.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Current Openings: Program Support
PART TIME PROGRAM SUPPORT
Reports To: Program Development Director
FTE: Part Time - 2-4 evening or weekend shifts at 4 hours each based on agency need.
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Essential to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) brand, the primary function of this position is to schedule client interviews and ensure that children are appropriately assessed and enrolled while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices. A high-level customer service, ensuring children are an appropriate fit for the program and child safety, are to be demonstrated throughout the child enrollment process.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: monthly match goals, child/parent processing time, customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Schedule child/parent interviews. Accommodate volunteer and family schedules.
Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
Conduct client reassessments/updates as indicated.
Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to a successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of the agency. Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer. Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
High degree of collaboration with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
Back up support for the program team to facilitate match meetings and supervise the Recreation Station available to matches in the office.
High level of organization, balancing multiple priorities and deadlines.
Assist Program Development Director with agency projects as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION& RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Level: (minimum & preferred educational requirements necessary to perform this job successfully)
Minimum high diploma or equivalent. Preferred in the process of completing post secondary degree and/or experience in related fields, such as social work, counseling, social services, child development, or other related fields as defined by the agency.
Years of Related Work Experience :
(minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent relational assessment skill.
- Oral and written communication skills reflect solid customer service.
- High-level interviewing skills.
- Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships;
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other service delivery staff;
- Ability to use time effectively;
- Ability to focus on details;
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Describe any specific workplace conditions and/or physical abilities that are related to and/or required by this job)
Routine office environment. Work schedules for each employee position are determined based on the needs of clients and the agency goals. Program Support staff will be required to be available to work evening (4:00-8:00p.m.) or weekend days. When home visits are indicated, must travel to local communities and neighborhoods.
Resilience & Flexibility:
- Able to interpret situations and information objectively when stressed; remain calm and professional in potentially difficult or emotionally charged interpersonal interactions; maintain high productivity in stressful situations; maintain high performance in the face of setbacks or changing circumstances; view failures objectively and rebound quickly; work to clarify situations where information or objectives are ambiguous.
Communication - Verbal and Written
- Able to practice active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding; adapt communication content and delivery to individual needs; proactively inform others about developments relevant to the team; openly and diplomatically express opinion, even when different from that of others; translate what is heard, observed or assessed into documentation that is accurate, concise, and clearly communicates key information to others with a need to know.
Decisiveness & Judgment
- Able to demonstrate good and ethical judgment in routine, day-to-day decisions; independently make decisions and take action, even in non-routine situations; consider impact of various options when making decisions; use good judgment in deciding whether to make a decision or escalate it to a supervisor for additional consultation; use an awareness of formal and informal decision-making channels to achieve desired results.
- Able to demonstrate high personal work standards, balancing quality and quantity with a sense of urgency about results; do everything possible to meet goals and deadlines; persist in the face of repeated challenges; accept responsibility for improving the quality, efficiency and outcomes of own work.
- Able to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential services to meet those needs; independently anticipate and personalize communication/approach to fit different perspectives, backgrounds or styles of individuals; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose a situation before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Able to align own work objectives with the organization's strategic plan or objectives; take organizational priorities into consideration when making choices and trade-offs in own work; act with an understanding of how the community affects the business and how own actions and decisions affect other jobs or outcomes; maintain perspective between the overall picture and tactical details.
- Able to seek out and work effectively with others who have diverse perspectives, talents, backgrounds, and/or styles; contribute to a team climate in which differences are valued and supported; challenge any stereotyping or offensive comments; seek and respond to feedback from others about his/her own behavior that might be perceived as biased.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender-identity or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
To apply, email resume to [email protected]
Contact our Operations Director to learn about working with us:
[email protected] | 319.377.8993 x112