Jobs With a Purpose
Become a part of our team.
Our team consists of talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Program, Marketing, Fund Development, Human Resources, Operations and Leadership.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Current Openings: Enrollment & Matching Specialist & Match Support Specialist
ENROLLMENT & MATCHING SPECIALIST
Reports To: Program Development Director
Position Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Essential to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) brand, the primary function of this position is to ensure that volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled and matched while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices. A high-level customer service, ensuring volunteers are an appropriate fit for the program and child safety, are to be demonstrated throughout the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: monthly match goals, volunteer processing time; youth/parent processing time, customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated.
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Conduct, review and follow-up on references as necessary to gain additional data to complete the assessment process.
- Conduct volunteer and client reassessments/updates as indicated.
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency. Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer. Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- High degree of collaboration with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions.
Determine matches and facilitate match meetings. Accommodate volunteer and family schedules.
- Conduct in-person group and individual volunteer orientations as a way to deliver pre-match training, provide a foundation and outline expectations, and promote agency engagement
- Build upon existing and help create new partnerships with schools, companies and youth-serving organizations in order to better serve the needs of children in the program.
- Develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency affiliation through individualized recognition, annual events and reengagement strategies.
- High level of organization, balancing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION& RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Level: (minimum & preferred educational requirements necessary to perform this job successfully)
Minimum Bachelors degree in social services, human services or related field.
Years of Related Work Experience :
(minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent relational assessment skill.
- Oral and written communication skills reflect solid customer service.
- High-level interviewing skills.
- Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships;
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other service delivery staff;
- Ability to use time effectively;
- Ability to focus on details;
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(Describe any specific workplace conditions and/or physical abilities that are related to and/or required by this job)
Routine office environment. Work schedules for each employee position are determined based on the needs of clients and the agency goals. Program Support staff will be required to be available to work evening (4:00-8:00p.m.) or weekend days. When home visits are indicated, must travel to local communities and neighborhoods.
MATCH SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Reports To: Program Director
Position Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Big Brothers Big Sisters is now hiring for a full-time Match Support Specialist!
Job Summary: Essential to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) brand, the primary function of this position is to provide match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: match contacts done and done on time, survey compliance, match closure rate, match retention rate, average match length, volunteer rematch rate, and customer satisfaction.
Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor degree required in Social Work or related field. Must be able to obtain transportation to interact with community partners and have schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekend appointments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender-identity or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
To apply, email resume to [email protected]
Contact our Operations Director to learn about working with us:
[email protected] | 319.377.8993 x112